Choosing the right course for you is a key decision, but it can often be quite challenging. If you are still in the process of deciding, here is a list of things you should consider:
- What are Access to HE Diploma entry requirements? These vary between different courses and universities.
- What is the course content? Find out what modules you can study on the course and gather as much information about them as possible. If you can’t see the information – call the university’s enquiries line, and they will happily provide that information for you.
- How is the course assessed? Are there exams involved? Or is it course/project work?
- Check if the course entails any fieldtrips or placements – they can enrich your experience and make you more employable.
- Does the course have links with the industry? Does it offer a chance to meet industry experts? This way you can gain a really good idea of the kind of job you might want when you graduate.
- Accreditation is also an important aspect to look out for – some professions may require this.
- Academic team is one of the most important aspects to think about. Quality of teaching is very important, but it is also important to consider what they are like as individuals. Are they friendly, approachable, and passionate about their subject? Make sure to come and meet them face to face during an Open Day.